Immersion schools in MD
Education : 200 French bilingual and immersion schools in the US
There are 200 schools in 30 states and 116 cities offering a French bilingual program in the United States. They serve approximately 40,000 children who each day are becoming more and more bilingual, bi-literate, and multicultural.
By choosing French immersion for their children – or any immersion in a second language for that matter – parents in the U.S. not only offer the gift of bilingualism to the next generation, they also give children a passport to the world, as well as a set of very useful skills. They foster not only a greater understanding and respect for other people’s culture in their children, but also give them efficient tools for adapting quickly to new environments, and for problem-solving complex situations that often take root in another part of the world.
The French embassy provides the complete directory listing schools that offer a K-12 day-time French dual language program, one-way immersion in French, and French curriculum schools.
- Baltimore International Academy – Baltimore
- Sudbrook Magnet Middle – Baltimore
- Lycée Français international Rochambeau – Bethesda
- Robert Goddard French Immersion School – Greenbelt
- Gaithersburg Middle School – Gaithersburg
- Central High School – Capitol Heights
- Wellwood International School – Pikesville
- Maryvale Elementary School – Rockville
- Silver Spring International Middle School – Silver Spring
- Sligo Creek Elementary school – Silver Spring
- John Hanson French Immersion – Temple Hills